Final Edition Productions (Family Time)
Families Forward worked with See Change Film to run a film training programme over 4 months. The trainees, now known as Final Edition Productions, filmed, directed and edited a 25-minute documentary called Family Time.
The aim of this project was to provide film training to some of the most at risk families living in the Borough of Kensington Chelsea - families who had been known to children's and young people's services over a number of years.
Over 4 months the families, who call themselves Final Edition Productions, worked together to produce the 25-minute documentary, Family Time. The process helped to unlock their creative potential, break-down negative patterns of behaviour, build their confidence and provide them with the skills to shoot, direct and edit their first documentary.
- 11 people trained in film production
- A 25-minute documentary produced which documents the journey of the families
- 5 members of the group are now working as mentors
- Linda Charles, one of the participants from the group, is the Chair of the Alumni
- The documentary has been distributed online, screened at Awareness Festival in Florida and will be broadcast on the Community Channel.